Sunday 31 December 2017

A Search for Treasure

Hello everybody,
I'm going to be reviewing The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, originally written in Portuguese.
When shepherd boy Santiago gets a dream about finding treasure, he decides to follow it and go on a quest that will change his life.
Image result for the alchemistOn the search for treasure, Santiago meets extraordinary people and learns things he would have never learnt had he just stayed as a shepherd boy. He meets his true love, an alchemist and sees amazing sights. But will he ever find the treasure he set out to find in the first place?
The Alchemist is like a fable- it is a book about destiny and how, if you want something hard enough, 'the universe will conspire so that your wish comes true.' It somehow felt, for me, like a realistic fairytale of sorts. It was fascinating and I loved the ideas presented in the book- they stayed with me even after I put the book down.
The book is written in simple language, easy to read and easy to follow.
Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian lyricist and novelist who has also written Brida, The Winner Stands Alone, Brida and many more books. He is best known for The Alchemist.
I recommend it for ages 9 and above, but in order to grasp the ideas fully, I would recommend it for ages 11 and above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting!