Monday 27 November 2017

Breaking the Da Vinci Code

Hey guys!
Recently I've been reading Dan Brown. I read the Da Vinci Code, and I really liked it! Loved it, I could say. I'll be reviewing it in this post.
Image result for the da vinci codeWhen Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon awakes in the middle of the night to a police investigation, everything is turned upside down. The elderly curator of the Louvre who Robert was supposed to meet earlier that evening has been found dead... and he left a message pointing to Langdon. On the run from the police and with the key Jacques Sauniere has left them, Robert and Sauniere's granddaughter Sophie Neveu are on a mission to find out who killed Sauniere and why. Sauniere has also left them a puzzle to solve and the truth about Sophie's ancestors.
The mystery leads to another mystery- the search for the Holy Grail- which may not be a literal grail after all...
I really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code. I loved the historical part of the book and the puzzle-solving. The suspense, I felt, was well-done and I really wanted to know what would happen next. I also liked the characters, especially Langdon, Silas and Teabing. I especially found Teabing an interesting character.
The Da Vinci Code is one of the most widely-read books of all time.
Dan Brown has also written Origin, Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons, Inferno, The Lost Symbol and Deception Point, all of which I found thrilling and interesting. Brain-food, if you will.
I recommend this book for ages 12 and above, though for most readers it may be better for ages 13-14 and above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting!